Inverlochlarig Hydro Scheme is a 100kW scheme that was built near Balquidder. Being Designed by Campbell of Doune, we were contracted to complete all Civil Engineering aspects of the scheme, which included:
- Constructing the In-River Water Intake, complete with Fish-pass.
- Constructing the Header Tank and the pipeline linking it to the Intake Structure.
- Installing 1400 metres of 450mm HDPE pipework, with 100m head.
- Construct the Powerhouse, complete with Tailrace and Headwall.
- Construct the reinforced concrete Pigging Chamber.
The scheme has been running extremely successfully for the client and it thought to continue to do so for many years. The water is passed through a Gilkes Turbine, which generates the power for being sent back onto the National Grid.