Glenshervie Hydro Scheme is a 100kW scheme that was built on the Auchnafree Estate, near Amulree. Being Designed by Campbell of Doune, we were contracted to complete all Civil Engineering aspects of the scheme, which included:
- Constructing the In-River Water Intake, complete with Header Tank.
- Installing 800 metres of 560mm diameter HDPE pipework.
- Construct the Powerhouse, complete with Tailrace and Headwall.
- Construct the reinforced concrete Pigging Chamber.
- Construct large retaining wall at Powerhouse.
- Construct Pipebridge for pipe crossing the river.
The scheme has been running extremely successfully for the client and it thought to continue to do so for many years. The water is passed through a Gilkes Turbine, which generates the power for being sent back onto the National Grid.